That’s why I recommend WordPress at 1st to use as CMS. Everything you wish for your blog is already developed for WordPress as Themes and Plugins. It’s true that some of them costs you Money, which is not precious than Happiness . And, Today I’m gonna tell you that How you can CLOAK your Bad looking Affiliate Links in WordPress very easily.
Oh! Sorry, you’re questioning that What’s this Cloaking?
Cloaking is technique in which the Content or Page presented to the Search Engines is different from the Content or Page shown to the User or visitor. We can do this by various methods. But in this article, I’m gonna cloak affiliate links by using a WordPress Plugin, Easy Affiliate Links. You can download this plugin for free.
Magic of Cloaking:
Original Affiliate links are lengthy and ugly looking, as shown below-
Cloaked Affiliate Links are Easy to read and understand, will look like this-
You can use anything as the base of your URL, some of the friendly base to use are out, go, refer, recommended, recommends, offer, etc.
Cloak your Affiliate Links with Easy Affiliate Links:
Now we’re going to cloak our ugly looking aff. links into good looking Aff. Links. Before we get to cloak one of our link, we need to install Easy Affiliate Links (which is a FREE WordPress Plugin).
Once you downloaded and installed, start playing.
Before cloaking an Aff. link, we should check and change it’s default settings. To do so, go to:
- Affiliate Links > Settings
Once your page is loaded, Set all the things as mentioned below:
- Set a Base slug for your Affiliate Link, here at HowToCracker I’m using recommends.
- Target your Aff. Links to open in New Tab.
- Use NoFollow tag with all your Affiliate Links for SEO reasons, to do so turn On the Default Use Nofollow.
NoFollow tag will help you in SEO, because cloaking an Link is against the Google Policies.
Still you’ve any problem, set all the things as showing in the image below:
We’ve done with settings.
Now we can cloak an Affiliate Link without any hesitation. Let’s get to do that without wasting this precious time. So, you’ve a bad looking Affiliate Link and you want this link to be look good by Cloaking.
To Cloak an Affiliate Link you need to go to:
- Affiliate Links > Add New
Once you got the screen to work on, follow the steps as written and shown in the image below:
- Enter the Name of Product or Web Service, what you’re cloaking this Link for. This is just to identify it easily, users or visitors will not see this.
- Here you can describe the special information for that link. This is also just for your reference, not public.
- Enter the Text you wanna show to visitors or over your Cloaked Affiliate Link.
- Final Destination for the link is your Original Aff. Link. Enter your original affiliate link.
- You need to enter the Name of product or service you’re promoting. And, we’ve already done with the base slug (recommends).
- Set it as Open in New tab. You can choose anything you want, it’s up to you. I recommend you to set as open in new tab, so that way you can decrease your Bounce Rate and that’s good for many things in SEO.
- Recommended to leave it as it is, default (301 Permanent).
- We’ve already done with this in Settings, Use default (add Nofollow attribute).
We’ve filled all the details, if you want this link to group in a category. You can do so in the right sidebar of your editor screen and publish it.
Still you’ve any problem?, you can ask via comments. To play more with WordPress, I recommend you to read:
- Install WordPress Manually on any Web Hosting
- Things to do just After Installing WordPress
- WordPress Plugins for a Start Up Blog
- WordPress Ping List for Faster Indexing of new Blog Post
I hope these How to? guide helped you to cloak affiliate links.
If this helped you then please consider it to share with your friends on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Have a Good Day and Take Care.