ON Page SEO is also important for ranking good in the long run. How you can optimize your Blog Post or a complete website for Search Engines by using ON Page SEO techniques, these techniques are the soul of the body of your quality content; to make it Search Engine Friendly. So, today we’re going to talk about the ON Page Optimization.
- Title: Plays a Major Role in SEO.
- Heading Tags: Good for both SEO and Users.
- Keyword Placement: Good for SEO.
- Meta Description: Good for SEO and to attract users.
- Alt Attributes: Good for SEO.
Things to avoid while optimizing your copy…
- IFrames: Bad for SEO but might be helpful for your Users in some cases.
- Keyword Stuffing: Bad for both SEO and Users.
Most of them are the part of HTML Language, but WordPress makes it easy to do all that.
Audit and check if your’re using all the ON Page SEO Techniques correctly or not:
ON Page SEO Techniques helps in SEO as:
I really recommend you to follow all the ON Page techniques correctly, once you started doing that all. Your Blog will be Ranking better than that in SERPs. Use optimized Title, Heading Tags, Place Keywords strategically, Create fresh Meta Description for every post-page, give Alt tags and Title to every Image but avoid using iFrames and Keyword Stuffing.
Let’s talk a bit about all the ON Page SEO Techniques stated above.
Once you started doing things the way mentioned in this article and recommended by Search Engine Experts in the Industry. And crawlers noticed, your blog will rank soon in search results.
It’s the Clickable link users see and comes to your blog after clicking on, and one of those ON Page SEO Techniques which is prioritized on top. Yeah, It’s the Headline you click in SERPs to go to any Blog site for getting that information you’re searching for. Title tag can also be seen at the top of Browser or as the name of a particular Tab. The title can be seen by Hovering over the elements like by hovering your mouse pointer on Images, Menus.
It’s also important to optimize your Title for SEO, if it’s not optimized then it won’t make any sense to the Search Engines and users.
- You can optimize your Title by placing some Focus Keywords in it.
- Place the Focus Keyword in the starting of Title
- Make sure it’s relevant to your Content.
- Title length should be in between 35 to 65 characters.
Headings are tags of HTML language, use of proper Heading tags not only makes your work clearly understand to your users but Search Engine Crawlers too. There are 6 Heading tags, H1 to H6. H1 is most significant and H6 is the least Significant, as they go down their significance level also goes down. So, I recommend you to use Heading tags H1 to H6 to classify your content section-wise with respect to the importance of your content.
- Optimize your Headings by placing some Keywords relevant to your sectional content.
- Don’t repeat H1 & H2 Heading tags.
- Don’t use H3 Heading tag more than 3 times.
- Don’t skip any Heading Tag (maintain hierarchy H1 to H6).
Playing a major role, and so one of the important technique of ON Page SEO techniques, placing Keywords in the body of content makes Crawlers sure that this blog or website is relevant to the Searched Query. If you’re not ranking well in Search Engines then I’ll recommend you to do Keyword Placement strategically, but make sure that you’re keeping enough distance between every keyword you’re placing for Search Engine Crawlers. It’s best when Keywords you’re including are falling naturally, that’s why I recommend you to write your content for your Reader not for Search Engines.
To make sure that Search Engines and Users can find your Blog site you should include Keywords in:-
- At least 2 Keywords in 1st Paragraph.
- Your Headings should have Keywords.
- Keywords in the names of Images.
- Images Alt tags should contain Keywords.
- Include Keywords in Meta Descriptions.
- URL should include Keywords.
Meta Description is actually the Description of a Web Page, what users can see without visiting that Web Page. Meta Description is not a major ranking factor at all but it helps by encouraging the Searchers that this page might help them. You should include some Positive or Curious Keywords in Meta Description of your Blogsite, blog post, page…
So I hope you got the reason why it’s there in these ON Page SEO Techniques because it helps in increasing the SERPs CTR.
- Write a unique Meta Description for every Blog Post, page.
- Length should not be more than 155 characters.
- Strategically place keywords in Meta Description.
ALT Tag and Title (Image)
Search Engine Crawlers know nothing about Images, how an image looks ?. We know what an image is, how it’s looking like, but Crawlers don’t know how it’s looking. What they see or scan is the Name of Image, Image Alt Tag, and it’s Title. That’s why I recommend you to write Alt tag and title for every image.
Let’s Optimize Images for SEO:-
- Rename your Image name to match your content, use the keyword in Image Name.
- Give Alt Tag to every Image, and include Keywords in it.
- Give a Title to every Image you embed in your blog site.
- Compress your images, so they can load fast.
Now we’ll have a look on things you should avoid while writing any blog post or optimizing for ON Page SEO.
Note: Don’t confuse these ON Page SEO Techniques with the factors mentioned below.
Negative Things to Avoid in ON Page SEO
Well, I’ve just mentioned some of the techniques above which you can use to Optimize your blog post and Rank High in SERPs.
Now, I’m gonna introduce some of the Negative things you’re doing to Rank High. And I recommend you to stop doing or use naturally (Keywords) that if you want your SEO to go well in every aspect.
iFrames in SEO
iFrames are used to Embed Videos, Widgets, Another Web-pages,… in a page. iFrames are not considered as SEO Friendly. Use of iFrames might cause problems in Indexing.
For more information, you can read Google’s Statement on Frames.
Keyword Stuffing in ON Page SEO
Okay, let’s know what is this ?. Keyword Stuffing is said to be when you repeat the same Keywords many times on a Web Page, which is a bad practice for SEO. By Stuffing you may Rank better in Search Engines for some time but once noticed your whole Blog-site will be penalized for a long time.
I’ve already told you that use your keywords when they come naturally (It’s only possible when you’re writing for Users, not Search Engines). It feels so annoying for both Crawlers and Users, isn’t it ?.
Check out to Learn more;
- Ping List for Faster Indexing of Blog Post
- Recommended WordPress SEO Plugins
- Beginners guide to Setup WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin
Do let me know if you’ve any question via the comment section below so that I can refine other articles and techniques.